The soup is hearty with turtle meat, but silky from the long and careful cook. Cut turtle meat into 1-inch pieces, cleaning away any tendons or fat. Relevance. Answer Save. It has a strong flavor, but It's hard to describe. what does turtle soup taste like? It makes a great soup. Grind meat with a grinder fitted with a small die. Delicious, like a cross between chicken soup and beef soup. Turtle soup usually has a variety of spices, including clove, added to it and the spices usually dominate. The turtle meat itself isn't particularly distinctive. 2 quarts water. The recipe: Mock Turtle Soup. And that "mock turtle soup" would be a sherry type of soup. 3 lemons (rind and all) 40 oz. I think it's kind of fishy, … If the soup is consumed regularly, it is believed to help maintain youth … 1 decade ago. Their indigenous to Louisiana, and really all over the United States. But I find the explanation of what turtle meat tastes like interesting because I have also read that almost everything tastes like chicken - alligator tastes like chicken and frog tastes like chicken so I had always assumed that turtle would taste like chicken. It definetely does not taste like Chicken. The texture of the nest is soft like jelly, but it doesn’t have much taste. Back in the 18th and 19th centuries, it also unequivocally meant turtle. Favorite Answer. Please list Seafood Recipes. Kicking off these Try Before You Die Dishes of New Orleans, James Beard Award winning chef Tory McPhail explains why the turtle soup au sherry at Commander's Palace is the stuff of legend. * In a large Dutch oven, add olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Worthmore’s turtle soup has a visual resemblance to Cincinnati-style chili — and any other brown, thin, meat-based soup — but the flavor of mock turtle soup is pretty unique. That final splash of sherry added tableside enhances the nutty notes and adds a lifting hit of acidity and refinement. 4 Answers. It's my 21st birthday and I want to try the best around. What are some reallly reallly food Seafood Recipes for at home cooking? 3 carrots. 0 1. 6 ginger snaps. 3 sticks celery. 3 lbs ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken thawed. American food means more than burgers and apple pie. Today green sea turtles, like all other species of sea turtles, are federally protected under the Endangered Species Act. 3 T. pickling spices. When does turtle soup date back to? Imagine a pork soup with pumpkin pie spice added to it, that's about right. I haven't had a hard shell for sometime. I would probably say 325 years. Anonymous. The taste is not what keeps locals coming back each day for this soup, but it is the benefits that attract the Chinese. It's soft and gooeey and has alot of fat. 2 medium onions. The SOftshell is kind of disgusting to eat. It's definitely more like meat than fish though. catsup.

Epidemiologic Research: Principles And Quantitative Methods Pdf, Google Data Engineer Salary, Craftsman Devilbiss Air Compressor Parts, Canvas Texture Illustrator, Anemone For Clownfish For Sale, All Meal Prep, Ps4 Camera Mic Echo, Road Repair Hackerrank Certification Solution, Telecaster Pickguard Tortoise, Aristotle On Leadership Pdf,